Audition Notice: The World Goes Round
- Theater: Town Hall Arts Center
- Director & Choreographer – Nick Sugar
- Rehearsals begin February 2019
- Performances March 29 – April 28th 2019
- Audition and callback date TBA
- Submit headshot and resume to: email@example.com by November 10, 2018
About The Musical:
- Enter the world of the distinguished and celebrated writing team of Kander and Ebb. And the World Goes ‘Round is a stunning revue of the songbook the multi- Tony award winning team. Filled with humor, romance, drama, and nonstop melody this title is a thrilling celebration of life and fighting spirit that keeps us all going. Enjoy music from Cabaret to Chicago, the nonstop hit parade features unforgettable gems, including “All that Jazz”, “Mr. Cellophane”, “Maybe This Time”, “Cabaret”, and “New York, New York”.
Character Breakdown: All ethnicities considered, must move well, must be seasoned musical theater performers!
- Woman 1 (Age: 25 to 50. Vocal range: A5- E3)
Tough and strong. Impassioned. She has been hurt. A bit of a lush and snob. Clumsy. Hopeful.
- Woman 2 (Age: 25 to 50. Vocal range: G5- F3)
Zany. Bawdy and brassy, but also reflective and poised. She is seductive.
- Woman 3 (Age: 25 to 50. Vocal range: F5-F3)
Adventurous. Hopeful. A lush and snob. Confident and sexy, but hesitant in regards to love.
- Man 1 (Age: 25 to 50. Vocal range: G5-A4)
A bit of a ham. At times he is lonely, dejected, and shy. Just as easily emboldened to action. Sincere, loving, and charming.
- Man 2 (Age: 25 to 50. Vocal range: A5- G3)
Handsome. Lonely. Stern and demanding with a commanding voice.